As the warm sun kisses your skin in the golden beach, the sound of waves crashing onto the shore soothes your soul. You take a deep breath of salty air and bask in the beauty that surrounds you. Welcome to Varkala Beach, one of South Kerala’s most enchanting destinations. With its stunning cliffs, serene waters, and laid-back vibe, Varkala is a must-visit for anyone looking to experience India’s natural wonders. Join us as we explore everything this magical beach has to offer – from its breathtaking views to its delicious food scene and more!
History of Varkala Beach.
The first thing that comes to mind when thinking of Varkala Beach is its natural beauty. The long, sandy beach is flanked by cliffs on either side and is a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, and surfing. But there’s more to this beach than meets the eye. Spanning centuries of time, Varkala Beach is indeed a monument to the ages with its long and vibrant tale. From ancient gatherings to modern-day vacations, this beach has been making waves for millennia!
The beach was once known as Papanasam Beach, which means ” washed away by the waves.” This name was given because it was believed that bathing in the waters of Papanasam Beach would cleanse one’s sins. Pilgrims from all over India flock to Varkala Beach to take a dip in the holy waters and pay their respects at the nearby Sivagiri Temple.
The temple is dedicated to Sri Narayana Guru, a spiritual leader who preached equality regardless of caste or creed. Varkala Beach has risen to prominence in recent years, garnering the attention of travelers from all corners – both near and far. With its beautiful scenery, historical significance, and laid-back vibe, it’s no wonder why this beach continues to be one of Kerala’s top attractions.
The natural beauty of Varkala Beach is truly magical.
Beach days don’t get better than this – white sand, rugged cliffs and crystal blue waters. Get your swimsuits on for a plunge into the sea or try out some surfing skills – there’s something available no matter what activity you fancy! When hunger strikes head to one of the many restaurants along this beachy paradise where you can indulge in delicious food with an awe-inspiring view as accompaniment.
The most stunning element of Varkala Beach is the majestic cliffs that line the shore. These tall, red cliffs are made up of a special type of laterite soil and provide an impressive backdrop to the beach. Below the cliffs, you’ll find plenty of rocky areas ideal for exploring. From these rocks, you can see some incredible views of the Arabian Sea, including dolphins and other marine life. Varkala also offers plenty of activities for visitors. You can go bird watching or take a boat tour to explore the area’s rich marine life.
Are you ready for a daring adventure?
Look no further than Varkala Beach in South Kerala! Explore the many hiking trails offering stunning cliff views, or indulge yourself with a massage and spa treatment. Relaxation awaits at this beautiful beach paradise – don’t miss out on all it has to offer!
With its stunning cliffs, beautiful beaches, and abundance of activities, Varkala is the perfect place to relax and explore. Varkala Beach is a tropical paradise and the perfect spot to enjoy some rest, relaxation, adventure and fun!
From fishing charters to unique beachside dining experiences – it’s all here in this captivating coastal town. So come on down for an unforgettable getaway you won’t soon forget!
1. Take a dip in the ocean – The best way to cool off from the Kerala heat is by taking a refreshing dip in the Indian Ocean. You can find plenty of secluded spots to take a swim, or you can join the crowds at one of the popular beaches like Papanasam Beach or Janardhanaswamy Temple Beach.
2. Go on a boat ride – Another great way to enjoy the coastline is by going on a boat ride. You can find plenty of boats for rent along the beach, or you can book a tour through a local company. Feel the ocean breeze as you explore dramatic cliffs and beaches from a unique aquatic vantage point!
3. Try your hand at surfing – Varkala Beach is one of the best places in India to learn how to surf. There are plenty of schools offering lessons, so even if you’ve never surfed before, you can easily learn how while you’re here.
4. Lounge on the beach: Varkala Beach is one of the best beaches in Kerala, so it’s no surprise that one of the best things to do here is simply relax on the sand and soak up the sun.
5. Shop at the local markets: Varkala Beach beckons visitors to explore its markets and discover treasures from India! Spices, jewelry, and much more await the curious shopper – perfect for picking up unique mementos of your travels.
6. Visit the temples – One of the things that makes Varkala so special is its abundance of temples. From ancient caves temples like Janardhanaswamy Temple.
7. Take an Ayurvedic massage – Ayurveda is a traditional medical system that originated in India and is still popular today. You can find plenty of spas and ayurvedic massage centers near Varkala Beach where you can enjoy a relaxing massage.
8. Enjoy the nightlife – Varkala has some great bars, restaurants, and clubs where you can enjoy a drink or dance the night away. Get the full City experience and catch a show! Local performances offer great insight into our culture so don’t miss out.
9. Explore the backwaters – Varkala is surrounded by beautiful canals and waterways, so take a boat tour and explore the stunning scenery. Visit Kerala for an unprecedented view of its tantalizing transformation! Unearth her secrets as you explore a whole new realm, untouched and unseen.
10. Go on a yoga retreat – Yoga is an important part of Indian culture, and it’s the perfect way to relax and unwind while in Varkala. There are plenty of yoga retreats you can join or you can simply practice on your own while taking in the sights and sounds of this incredible beach destination.
11. Experiement paragliding – There are a number of places in Varkala where you can go paragliding. It’s an incredible way to get an aerial view of the stunning coastline and spot local wildlife from above. Where to Stay at Varkala Beach When it comes to finding the perfect place to stay during your travels, Varkala Beach in South Kerala is certainly a magical destination worth considering.
With its stunning natural beauty, serene atmosphere and plethora of activities to enjoy, there is no shortage of reasons why this beach should be at the top of your list. For the traveler with an eye for extravagance and a penchant for pampering, there’s no better choice than Surya Samudra Beach Hotel & Spa. It offers first-class service at every budget level – so you can feel like royalty without dipping into your rainy day fund!
With its own private beach area, world-class spa and luxurious rooms and suites, this hotel offers everything you could possibly need for an unforgettable stay. If your pocket’s on a diet but you still want to hit the beach, don’t worry; Varkala Beach is full of awesome places for even tighter budgets!
The Cliff House Heritage Home is a beautiful option that combines traditional Kerala architecture with modern amenities, while the Seashells Varkala Resort offers comfortable rooms at very reasonable prices. Varkala Beach is the perfect spot in South Kerala to take a break and enjoy some much needed relaxation. Boasting stunning landscapes, incredible activities, and picturesque accommodations— you’re sure to have a memorable time here!
It’s easy peasy getting there!
This magical spot is known for its stunning cliffs, azure waters, and tranquil atmosphere. To reach Varkala Beach, you’ll first need to make your way to the town of Varkala. The best way to do this is by taking a train from Trivandrum, which is the capital of Kerala. Once you arrive in Varkala, it’s a short walk or auto-rickshaw ride to the beach. Once you reach the beach, you’ll be awestruck by its natural beauty. The cliffs provide a dramatic backdrop to the turquoise waters, and the sandy beaches are perfect for relaxing and soaking up the sun.
If admiring the breathtaking views of Varkala Beach weren’t enough to tempt you, all those delicious restaurants and cafes should do it! You can dine with a backdrop like no other before heading off for some amazing adventures or simply soaking up that much-needed R&R. So go on – start ticking items off your bucket list at this seaside paradise today!
Naturopathic Treatment in Varkala.
Naturopathic treatment is becoming increasingly popular in Varkala as more people are looking for natural ways to heal their bodies. There are several naturopathic clinics and hospitals in the town that offer various treatments such as acupuncture, massage therapy, and yoga. The most popular naturopathic treatment in Varkala is the use of Ayurvedic techniques, which combine traditional Indian medicine with modern scientific research. This type of treatment focuses on balancing the body’s energy and restoring health through natural means such as diet, lifestyle, herbs, and exercise. Other treatments that are offered at these clinics include homeopathy, reflexology, hydrotherapy, and aromatherapy.
Stop searching for ways to feel your best – Naturopathy is here! With a more holistic approach, it’s the perfect choice for total health. Many people believe that this type of treatment can help to keep their bodies healthy and active while also providing relief from physical and emotional ailments. Naturopathic treatment has many benefits such as reducing stress levels, improving overall wellbeing, and promoting better sleep patterns.
Conclusion: Varkala Beach is indeed a paradise on earth that offers mesmerizing views and plenty of activities to its visitors. From the breathtaking cliff views and crystal white sand beaches, to the traditional Ayurvedic spa centers and famous eateries, it has something for everyone. Whether you are looking for a romantic getaway or an adventure-filled trip with family or friends, this beautiful destination will not fail to impress you with its beauty and charm. Unforgettable memories await you at the beautiful Varkala Beach: where sea, sand and sun all come together for an idyllic day out.